Thursday, June 20, 2013

MORE RUNNING!

Last night I went out running again and it was the first time since I've started that I actually wanted to go out. Usually it's all, "I have to go running now to keep up with the progress I've made." But I had planned to go in the early evening and I didn't try to make excuses or spend an hour saying, "I don't want to go running...but I have to."

It was a pretty nice feeling, I gotta say.

It was also a damn hard run - 25 minutes straight. I managed to do it, but it hurt. My allergies may be playing a part in the breathing pains I was having, but by the time I went to bed (4 hours after finishing) my lungs were still a bit sore. Even today, 15 hours later, I can still feel little twinges when I breathe deeply. I will be a very happy girl when allergy season is over. (Wait, when IS allergy season over?)

Even with the breathing challenges, I'm pretty proud of my progress though sometimes I need to be reminded to be proud. The Beau is my biggest cheerleader and after every run, when I tell him how long I ran for, he always responds with genuine enthusiasm and pride. And when I start comparing my progress to that of marathoners (which of course makes my 25 minutes seem like nuthin!) he makes sure I realize that, for most people, running for 25 minutes straight IS a big deal and should be treated as such. It's an accomplishment and shouldn't be scoffed at.

And - you know what? - I agree!


Post-run sunset. Aaaaaaahhhhh.

No comments: