Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WW Weigh-In #59

It's my birthday today! And not only did my age go up; so did the scale.

Last week: 195.2 lb
This week: 196.0 lb
Total gained: 0.8 lb

Really, it was all my fault. My week was filled with a concert (and dinner and beer at a pub); babysitting the nephews (and using this as a good excuse to eat sugar donuts and chips); a night out for my birthday (with more dinner and beer at a pub); a holiday Monday filled with day-after-drinking fried chicken; and then Tuesday spent trying to undo it all.

In all of these situations I could have made better choices but I didn't. And I can't keep using the excuse that I want to be able to still have fun while losing weight because, often, what I like to do for fun is not conducive to weight loss.

So really, it's a matter of focusing on what's important: using fun as an excuse to not be good about my eating or finding a way to have sensible fun and still lose weight.

It would seem that the answer is obvious yet by reading this blog for the past year and a bit, it's much easier said than done.

No comments: