Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WW Weigh-In #52 - Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2013! I hope everyone had a happy, healthy, fun-filled holiday season.

2012 was a great big year for me, what with buying a house and getting engaged, and that awesomeness is going to continue in 2013 since we've got a wedding to plan and a house to continue making a home.

But since it's also Wednesday, it's a weigh-in day for me. Today also marks week 52 of my WW journey - a full year! It would have been amazing to get on the scale this morning and see a nice low number but it was not to be:

Two weeks ago: 189.0 lb
This week: 196.6 lb
Total gained: 7.6 lb

Egad! That was a little more than I expected and, let's face it, a bit of an embarrassment. But - BUT - I know from experience that it's easy to lose those first five pounds simply by eating normally again. And that, combined with more diligent point-tracking, will help me get the excess holiday weight off quickly.

I also need to start exercising again, not just for weight loss but to do away with my back pain and tight muscles. I feel so good when I exercise so it amazes me a bit how lazy I've become with it. My walking plan hasn't panned out yet but that doesn't mean it won't! It really is just a matter of overcoming my own laziness.

And there's lots to share about the wedding and I need to post some pictures of our house and how we've decorated it. It's all so very exciting so here's to a fabulous 2013!

No comments: