Friday, November 16, 2012

First frost!

I have never in my life been so excited for the first frost of winter.

This morning, when I left for work, I noticed a frosty glaze over our car and front yard so I took a deep breath - and I could breathe! It seems that whatever pesky environmental nuisance was wreaking havoc on my lungs has been knocked off for another season.

So I'm preparing to get back into running. I may even go for a short run tomorrow. No, I haven't run since September and no, it will not be pretty when I do start again but I am going to start. I've been realizing that I'm missing it, not just how it makes me feel but how it helps transform my body. I feel physically better, tighter, stronger when I run regularly. And it's one of the few exercises where I am able to push myself to gasping, which also makes me feel great (at least when my breathing returns to normal).

And in our new 'hood, we're on a dead-end street with other, smaller dead-end streets running off it so I can run up and down all these streets and look as ridiculous as I want and not worry because I'll be keeping it in the neighbourhood and off major roads. Though it may not be the best impression to give to the neighbours...oh well.

Oh running, how I've missed you!

No comments: