Monday, October 1, 2012

My staged life

You know all the media hype going on right now about the condo market slowing down? Well, it's not just hype. We aren't seeing much action at all with ours and I've got to say it's starting to wear on me.

I'm sure we'll sell it. Units in our building do sell, but often in 30-45 days and we made the mistake of going into this thinking we'd sell in a couple of weeks. So it's taking the length of time we should have thought it would take rather than the length of time we wanted it to take.

This sucks for two reasons: we're living in a soulless staged space that we're terrified to mess up (we've eaten more frozen food in the last three weeks than we have in three years of dating) and we don't have our kitty. And we miss our kitty like mad. She's staying with the Beau's sister and is perfectly comfortable there but she's much MUCH more comfortable here with us. We really want her back and it just sucks so much waiting to sell.

I also want to feel comfortable making a mess in my kitchen. And I don't want to have to make my bed every morning. And I want to be able to leave my shoes out by the door because that's what normal people do.

Though if you want to buy a condo I just might be able to hook you up.

No comments: