Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WW Weigh-In #20

Holy moly, it's weigh-in day again. Where did the week go? I guess this is what happens when there's an awesome long weekend in the middle of the week! (How weird is that, that I know think of the weekend as the middle of my week? But both my work week and my WW week start on a Wednesday and end on a Tuesday so it's fitting the weekend would be "mid-week". Fitting, but odd.)

I had a most wonderful long weekend but I'll save that for another post. Time to get to the meat of the potatoes* and check in with the scale:

Last week: 185.2 lb
This week: 184.8 lb
Total lost this week: 0.4 lb

Weight loss target: 181.8 lb
To reach target: 3.0 lb

I seem to have mastered the 0.4 lb/week approach. But no matter how small, it's still a loss and that's what's important.  I'm also beginning to wonder if I'm coming up on my happy weight. Yes, I would like to get down to 170 lb at least, but maybe my body is happiest around 180 lb. I'm not about to throw in the towel or anything, but I'm going to pay closer attention. After all, while I want to lose weight I also want to get to a point where I can maintain a weight I'm happy with but still enjoy life. That is what's most important to me and why I've been so happy with WW thus far (even when I've gained): I've been able to enjoy life!

What I really need to do is get myself toned up for summer (and start training for my zombie run). But that is also another post - maybe if I write down my desired workout plan I'll feel more inclined to stick with it.


....Wait, I just realized I'm only THREE POUNDS away from my next weight loss target! Wowza! I can do this!....

*Do you ever watch Storage Wars? If you do, you'll get where this line came from. If you don't, you should; it's awesome.

No comments: