Friday, May 11, 2012

No carbs, no loss

I hopped on the scale quickly this morning to see if forgoing carbs for two days had any immediate effect on my weight. The result: no change at all. I'm still at the same as my Wednesday weigh-in, 186.5 lb.

I hadn't expected any huge change, I was really just curious. I'm also not sure if I want to continue with this. While it seems incredibly easy - and I did eat well the past two days - I was incredibly tired and sluggish all day yesterday and this morning. I could hardly get myself out of bed! Of course, I'm making a completely non-scientific, non-doctor-supported, hugely generalized conclusion by saying that two days of no carbs makes me sleepy and sluggish and blah.

So will I try it again? Maybe one more week; I honestly can't say for sure. I do know, though, that this is not something I want to do for the rest of my life so unless I start losing huge amounts of weight, I just don't think it's going to be worth it. And if I do lose huge amounts of weight, I'm sure I'll put a bunch of it back on as soon as I start eating carbs seven days a week.

And so it goes with the fad diets.

No comments: