Sunday, March 4, 2012

I did it!

Okay, today is a pretty big day for me. Are you ready for this?

TODAY I BECAME DEBT-FREE!

That's right! I paid off the last $359.44 remaining on my student loans. As of right now, I don't owe anyone any money!

While it's pretty exciting, it's also a little anti-climactic. When I made the payment online, my computer didn't sing and there were no fireworks or brass bands around to mark this momentous occasion. It's just me, all debt-free and shit.

Those are some pretty cool words, though: debt-free. I like it!

So now I find myself in this odd no man's land of not having to pay anything off. Soon we'll have a mortgage that will need tackling but until then, my money is mine! (Except for bills and such, but since I pay those in full when they're due, they're no problem.)

It's a weird feeling, I won't lie, but it's also amazing!

NO MORE STUDENT LOANS FOR ME!!!

No comments: