Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Up-Down Challenge Weigh-in #27

Wow, have I really been at this for 27 weeks?  I guess longer than that, since I took the month of July off from the scale. 

So how am I doing after 27 weeks?  Well...

Last week: 191.0 lb
This week: 190.2 lb

The good news is that it's a loss.  The bad news is that I'm 0.3 lb away from breaking the 190 lb barrier.  ARGH! 

But - BUT - check this out: when I started my weight loss challenge, I weighed in at 200.2 lb.  I've now officially lost 10 lb.  It's only taken me eight months to get this far, but still - 10 lb down! 

Of course it seems daunting to think I can lose 20 lb in the next three months but I'm going to keep at it.  I would love to see the number on the scale drop faster but one important thing I've been learning while trying to lose weight is that I'm only going to be able to maintain my success if I make changes that work with my lifestyle.  And that's the big thing, isn't it?  It's more important for me to be able to maintain my weight and even keep the scale inching down than it is for me to lose huge amounts of weight in a short period of time. 

I'd still like to be at 170 lb on New Year's Eve, but it's okay if I'm not because I'm doing things in my life that I can keep doing, whether it's making the right food choices, fitting in regular exercise, watching my portions or even cutting sugar out of my coffee (which has been a challenge, let me tell you). 

So let's see what the next three months bring!

No comments: