Thursday, July 7, 2011

Where da money at, yo?

I really wanted to do an update on my student loans, but I'm waiting for a payment to go through.  One of the things about online banking that has always had me scratching my head is how I can make a payment and the money will disappear immediately from my account (which is good, as it keeps me from spending money that isn't there) but then takes days to show up at wherever I've sent it. 

I understand that there is some lag time, as different institutions have to catch up with each other, but I'm always wondering just where my money is (or the binary code that makes up the digital figures that accounts for the money; it's not like I'm sending paper bills through the ethernet) while waiting for it to be applied.  I guess it's just hanging out in cyberspace, maybe making friends with some credit card payment or payroll deposit. 

And I get paid tomorrow, which will mean another payment, which will mean more waiting.  Sigh.  But it's coming!  That number will get lower! 

In the meantime, here's where I stand:

CIBC: $4,015.05
NSLSC #1: $6,157.86
NSLSC #2: $2,052.06

Total owing: $12,224.97

Next week's update will be so much better!

No comments: