Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yummy Wednesday dinner

It's not quite as pretty as the picture from the recipe but still...
I made jambalaya for dinner tonight and it smells AMAZING.  I had to look up the recipe and, oddly enough, jambalaya recipes are very complicated.  Here I thought it was just sausage, shrimp, veggies, tomatoes and rice - but most recipes also call for chicken, which I added.  Although the most complicated part was the spices; I never would have been able to spice the dish from scratch.  And even without the Creole seasoning that the recipe called for, I think it turned out pretty awesome.

And to keep it healthy, I used turkey sausage instead of pork sausage.  Turkey sausage is quickly becoming my favourite meat.  I find I can't tell the difference between turkey and pork sausage, which is great because it tastes delicious but is still good for me.  In fact, I quickly discovered that jambalaya is a pretty healthy meal. 

Since it's Wednesday, I also wanted something delicious for dessert, so I picked up some vanilla ice cream (vanilla is the Beau's favourite sweets flavour) and some fresh peaches to serve on top. 

I'm really excited for dinner tonight!

No comments: