Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why Wednesdays rock

I don't work on Wednesdays.  I know, I know, you're all jealous and stuff.  But before you get too mad at me, I'll explain why I don't work on Wednesdays.

Tuesday is when we send Maclean's to the printer.  Our printer deadline is late.  LATE.  This means I start work at noon on Tuesdays but stay until the wee hours - sometimes as late at 3:00 a.m.  Because of this, I don't go into work on Wednesdays.  My work week hour total is much the same as anyone else: 36.25 hours (7.25 hours/day).  But I regularly log 40+ hours in the four days a week I work - which is another reason I get Wednesdays off.

I'm not trying to make myself sound hard-done-by, merely explaining why I get this beautiful mid-week break.

Having Wednesdays off is kind of awesome.  I sleep in (mostly out of necessity - when I go to bed at 3 or 4 in the morning, there's no 8 am wake-up call) but I also strive to get a lot done; I really want to tackle as much housework as I can and even do the grocery shopping so my weekends get freed up.  And with free weekends, the Beau and I can spend some quality time together.

That is probably the worst part about my erratic, late-night hours: less time with my man.  We used to eat dinner together every night; now it's hit and miss, depending on when I get home, if I want a workout, how hungry he is, all these things.  To help alleviate a little of this, we come back to Wednesdays and the biggest reason they rock: I make a nice dinner and we sit down together and enjoy some "us" time.

Often, it's just chilling in front of the TV, chatting about random things, but that's the kind of stuff that makes our relationship work so well - we can completely relax with one another and just enjoy being lazy together.

Tonight I'm making pork chops with a curry-apple sauce, roasted asparagus and basmati rice.  I picked up a sample pack of beer today and we're going to have a lovely evening.

This is why Wednesdays rock.

No comments: