Monday, April 18, 2011

I did it!

I got up this morning and exercised!

Okay, it wasn't at 7:30, it was actually closer to 8:00 but I had a very good reason: my kitty wanted cuddles.  Seriously.  We left her alone all weekend and she was a little starved for attention so I decided a Monday morning sleep-in with the kitty was just fine.

But I still got up and did 30 minutes of cardio on the exercise bike we have in our condo.  And I also did something for the first time ever in my working career: I ate breakfast at home.  This is not a normal occurrence for me.  Often, I'm too rushed in the morning to eat at home so I have breakfast at work.  I've become quite good at making my breakfasts ahead of time so I have something relatively healthy to eat, but today was a whole new experience for me.  And, I must say, I kind of enjoyed it.

Although after eating All Bran for breakfast, having a high-fibre granola bar for a snack and eating an apple in the early afternoon, I've had a bloated, gassy, achy tummy.  Oh, the sacrifices I make to be healthy.

No comments: