Monday, April 11, 2011

Have a happy Monday with...the playoffs

Okay, so maybe you're not the rabid hockey fan I am (and I've been admittedly less rabid this season) but Wednesday marks the happiest time of the NHL season: the start of the playoffs.

It's exciting to go into the playoffs with a Canadian team, the Vancouver Canucks, as the favourites to win it all this year.  But, oftentimes, the favourites are the first to falter (though I do hope that's not the case this time).  The Canucks will face their arch-rivals - and defending Cup champs - the Chicago Blackhawks in the first round, which will be kind of awesome.

And the first round is always the most exciting.  It's when the teams that just squeaked into the playoffs meet up with the league leaders for a best-of-seven match-up that could go either way.  Cinderella teams emerge, heavy favourites falter and dark horses surprise. 

Oh, and there's at least one game (sometimes as many as four!) on every night.  EVERY NIGHT. 

Truly, this is the most wonderful time of the year.

(I'm going to weigh myself tonight when I get home.  Only it's 8:30 pm and I'm still at work.)

No comments: