Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Desserts spelled backwards is stressed

My foul mood from last night is finally starting to abate.  I know I'm in the midst of a setback and that I can't let it discourage me.  And I've been getting some wonderful encouragement from the Beau and from a wonderful woman he introduced into my life (which helps further affirm I'm with the right man) and that has helped me.

But today, after having a near meltdown at the doctor's office after waiting over an hour for my appointment and then rescheduling and walking out in a huff, I think I've figured out what's causing my grief: I'm stressed.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm starting a new job on March 23, with Maclean's, and this is a dream job for me.  But I'm not stressed about Maclean's; I'm stressed about training the people who will replace me and making sure they are properly informed and comfortable with their new responsibilities before I go.  Oh, and I've got to put out one more issue of Flare, a special supplement for Flare, various supplements for Connected and an issue of Connected for Business.  All in the next two weeks, of course.

Fuck.

I've read that stress can make you gain weight for various reasons and I'm beginning to think that's what's going on with me (despite thinking previously that I was immune to the health-wrecking affects of stress).  I'm not sleeping as well as I should be; my stomach always seems to be rumbling, even after I eat; I feel anxious and overwhelmed; and I'm more than a little on edge when I have no reason to be. 

I'm fortunate that my new job will keep me not just within the same company, but also on the same floor so I'll be very nearby should my replacements need assistance.  But I also know I'll be busy learning my new role and I want to make sure I leave them with as much as I can so we're not running back and forth to each other, trying to figure things out. 

I just have to keep reminding myself that all I can do is take it a day at a time and do the best I can between now and when I move on.  And that eating right and exercise are GREAT ways to combat stress and - whaddaya know? - are also great ways to get healthy and lose weight.

All right wagon, I'm back on you.  Let's try this again!

No comments: