Monday, February 21, 2011

Up-Down Challenge Weigh-n #3

Good morning!  I know I'm a day late with my weigh-in, but I have a good excuse: yesterday was my birthday!

I did manage to find time both to work out and to get on the scale, though, so I do know what my weight is.  And since inquiring minds want to know, here we go:

Starting weight: 200.2 lb
Week #1: 197.6 (-2.6 lb)
Week #2: 195.2 lb (-2.4 lb)
Week #3: 196.0 lb (+0.8 lb)

Crud.

You know what?  I'm okay with the weight gain, for a few reasons.  Firstly, it's only 0.8 lb, which isn't a whole lot.  Secondly, I slacked off on my workouts this past week, largely due to being at work late and not getting home in time to work out in decent time before bed.  And third, it was my birthday weekend, filled with wine, delicious brunch, sushi, beer, cake and all the good things that come with a birthday.  (Plus, for Valentine's Day we ordered in Indian food, which is good for you, but not if you eat more helpings than a normal person should.)  Finally, I knew that maintaining a 2.5 lb/week weight loss pace just wasn't realistic.  While I'd prefer not to gain at all, honestly it's not unexpected. 

All this means is that I've got to make more of an effort to get back on track, which shouldn't be that hard since the past three weeks have felt, well, easy.

So here's what I've got to get back to this coming week:
- more salads, less delicious Zafrani gosht
- regular workouts
- really focusing on servings/day of each food group

And since I've got a beautiful day off stretching in front of me, I'm going to finally determine how many servings I need each day and I'm also going to finally look into that 5K run I've been talking about.  By figuring out a run date, I'll have no choice but to start training for it, which will help my workouts.

While a great birthday present would have been weight loss, I'm happy to say I still have a fantastic birthday, celebrated with lots of people I love, and a little weight gain on the side can't take away from that.

No comments: