Saturday, January 22, 2011

(Un)healthy

Blargh.  This past week, my body couldn't decide if it wanted to be sick or not so I've felt borderline awful for most of it.  It may sound weird, but I'd prefer to get sick because if you get sick, you get better.  If you get kind-of sick, you get kind-of better and being kind-of better more than kind-of sucks.

Needless to say, my good eating and exercise habits have suffered this week.  I've still tried to be mindful of what I've eaten (especially since I haven't worked out since last weekend) but when I'm feeling lousy, sometimes only comfort food will do.  I have managed to get lots of veggies in my system, though, so hopefully that will help me get better.

Also, today I bought a pedometer that will (apparently) also tell me how many calories I burn in a day.  I'm curious to see what my daily calorie burn is, but I'm more curious to see how many steps I take in a day.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that 10,000 steps a day is the target for healthy living.  Somehow I doubt I'm anywhere near that, so it will be good to see just how short I fall.

In the meantime, I'm going to have some tea, watch some TV and cuddly the kitty.

No comments: