Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lazy Sunday = happy Sunday

I'm having a lazy day today and I'm not feeling guilty about it at all.  Usually on Sundays, I start to feel anxious about the upcoming work week and if I've got everything ready for it and if I've done enough chores around the house to make the weekend feel "productive" - but not today.  Today is all about doing whatever I do (or don't) want to do.
Kitty needs a lazy day too.

It just so happened that the Beau was out of town overnight Friday so I stayed in and spent the evening...cleaning.  While perhaps not the ideal plans for a Friday, I have to say it made the rest of the weekend feel more weekend-y.  With the bathroom clean, laundry caught up, dishes away and floors vacuumed, Saturday suddenly became free for fun things, which led into Sunday being free for laziness. 

Unless we have specific plans to go out, the Beau and I often find ourselves home on Friday nights, watching TV, reading, just hanging out together.  This weekend I discovered that spending a few hours cleaning on a Friday night really opens up the rest of the weekend and helps me feel less guilty for spending two full days not thinking about domestic tasks.  I just might have to become that exciting person who cleans on Friday nights!

No comments: