Thursday, January 27, 2011

Down 30 and up 300

So I've (pretty much) gotten over my scale disappointment from Sunday.  Onward and upward!  (Downward?)

I had an idea the other day and the more I think about it, the more I like it.  I want to lose weight and I also want to improve my financial health (which I haven't talked much about - I'm waiting until tax time to really get into the money).  But one financial goal is to save more, so I've decided to combine my weight loss and money gain goals.

Here's the challenge:

I want to lose 30 lb.  For every pound I lose, I'm going to put $10 in my savings account.  By the time I'm down 30 lbs I should be up $300 (plus interest, thanks to my high interest savings account).  And then, when I reach both goals, I can treat myself to something pretty to fit my new shape.

I'll weigh in every Sunday night and my first recorded weigh-in will be this Sunday.  And I'll share that, not because I want everyone to know, but because if I put it out there, it will make this seem more real.  It puts the accountability back on me and I need to be more accountable.  Then on Monday, if I'm down at least a pound, then it's $10 into savings.

Now it's really time to start eating right, working out regularly and taking care of myself.  And, just like that, I'll be down 30 and up 300.  Oh yeah!

No comments: