Sunday, January 30, 2011

And so it begins

I've just finished weighing myself to start off my weight loss/savings challenge.

My starting weight: 200.2 lb.

I've also taken measurements:

Chest: 42.5"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 43.25"

I must say, I'm not thrilled with any of these numbers so this should act as extra incentive to eat better and exercise more.  I've also got to start paying more attention to portion sizes and how many servings I'm eating each day.

You know, the whole idea of being healthy seems so easy: just eat right and exercise.  The exercise part I'm good at; I use the gym in the condo and we've got equipment in our unit so I have no (real) excuse to not exercise.  But the eating part is kind of hard; portion sizes, calories, proper servings, sodium, fat, carbs...it's a lot to think about.

I can do this.  I can make the right changes and I can meet my goals and it will be awesome!

After all, I've got money riding on this.

No comments: