Thursday, December 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo to Ho Ho Ho

NaNoWriMo wrapped up a couple of days ago and while I wish I could say I have a completed novel, alas, I do not.  The silver lining: I made some good progress and I'm optimistic I will finish a very rough draft by the end of the year.  I've already earmarked some time over Christmas to sit down and write.  There are a few days between Santa and Auld Lang Syne where we have nothing planned, so the Beau can play video games and I can write and all will be well.

Even though I didn't hit the 50,000 word mark, I am glad I tried.  I may even try again next year.

But enough about not-quite-novels; it's the Christmas season!  I love me some joyeaux noel!

My Christmas shopping is well under control, which not only makes me happy but gives me time to prepare for my FIRST EVER Ugly Christmas Sweater Party!  I can't believe that I made it to 30 without attending an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  Of course, an ugly sweater is required but they are harder to come by than I thought, so I've decided to Christmas-ify a couple of ugly sweaters for the Beau and I.  There will be lights involved.  I will post pictures. 

The Ugly Sweater party kicks off a week of Christmas fun, both with friends and at work and (hopefully) there will be a tree in there - a real one, no less! - and some present wrapping and maybe an egg nog with a splash of rum.  Ho ho ho!

No comments: