Monday, October 25, 2010

Re:blog

I haven't blogged in awhile because I keep thinking that I should find a better focus for this blog, something that I'm interested in and can write about on a regular basis.  Several topics have come to mind but the more I think about each one, the more I realize that I'm just not into any of them enough. 

I mean, I love to read, but I've tried (and failed) to do a book blog.  I'm at a point in my life where finances are not just important but where I can also start making smart money decisions, but I'm not dedicated (or, frankly, open enough) to share the nitty gritty of paying off debt and trying to save money.  There are a variety of other things I'm into as well: hockey (the subject of yet another failed blog); knitting; baking; my cat (if I ever get to the point where I blog only about my cat, please place me in a padded room and walk away, slowly); magazines; eating better-for-me food, rather than just better-tasting-food; becoming a runner; and gushing about how utterly adorable my twin nephews are.

I guess I've been blogging about this kind of stuff all along but never really came out and said, "This is what it's all about!"  I never thought my life was interesting enough to just write about my life and maybe it's not, but that's what I'm going to do.  After all, this blog is for me, first and foremost.  Anyone else who tags along is an added (and welcome) bonus.

(Is it odd that I feel a huge sense of relief at having a new, defined direction?)

No comments: