Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

It's that time again - STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS!

Only the greatest time of the year, of course.  The next two months will be filled with all things hockey that matters - and no Maple Leafs!  (It's the little things that matter.) 

Round one started tonight and I'm currently flipping between Ottawa-Pittsburgh and New Jersey-Philadelphia and I'm already fed up with the commentators.  Last year, I got through a few rounds before I reached my limit; this year I couldn't even get through the first period.  So far, CBC is worse than TSN but give it time, my friends, give it time.

I really do love the first round best, though.  All 16 teams are still in it and any team could go all the way (even though you know, deep down, that Colorado and Los Angeles don't stand a chance).  I find the series in the first round are more likely to go six or seven games and the match-ups are much more exciting.  That, and there are eight different series to pay attention to, which is almost (almost) more than I can handle. 

It's also pretty great that our lovely 700-sq foot condo contains two 42" flat screen TVs; that means the beau can play video games in the living room while I curl up in bed and sporadically yell at the Penguins and Senator and Devils and Flyers. 

It's good to be me.

No comments: