Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And I ran...I ran so far away...and I ran...I ran all night and day

Word of the day: pain (noun) A distressing sensation in a particular part of the body.

Guess what I did on Sunday?

I RAN!

(Okay, I actually jogged, but still...)

That's right, I got myself onto a treadmill and I started out walking for five minutes and then thought I'd speed up to run for five minutes before cooling down.  Then I started running and hit the five minute mark and...I KEPT GOING!  I in fact managed to run for another five minutes.  That's 10 minutes of running.  Yes, I know there are plenty of you out there who regularly run for much longer than 10 minutes but for me, this is kind of huge.  I mean, on Saturday I could run for 0 minutes.  Then on Sunday I could run for 10 minutes.  10 MINUTES!!!

So I'm pretty proud of myself.  But my calves are killing me.

No comments: