Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A little off the top

Word of the day: pro-gress (noun) A movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage.

Here I am, two weeks into my healthy kick and my endeavor to lose 30 pounds by the time I turn 30. 

Two weeks in, I should have lost 4 lb, to ensure I meet my goal.  So far I have lost...2.5 lb.  So it's not the required 4 lb but hey - I lost 2.5 lb!  I'm actually pretty damn proud of that number. 

I'll be completely honest, I haven't exactly been going all-out.  There were a couple of nights when I was feeling a little down and decided a dinner of bad-for-me-burritos was needed to cheer me up.  However, my most excellent beau dissuaded me from buying ice cream on Saturday night, for which I am (now) grateful.  At the time it was tempting to overrule him but I'm glad he was encouraging of my goals. 

Even though I'm not on track the way I had hoped to be, this just might work for the best because everything I've done so far is something I can maintain and that is what's most important.  And I've also realized that I need to weigh myself weekly.  Many weight loss schools of thought discourage this because the number can be depressing and slightly skewed (since muscle weighs more than fat); instead, you should go by the way you feel and the way your clothes fit.  With me, I gain and lose weight all over so I need to lose quite a bit of weight to really notice I've lost.  Because of this, getting on the scale weekly and seeing the number go down is a pretty positive thing.  So I'll keep doing it.  Who knows, I just might make it after all!

No comments: