Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Go higher than high, go lower than deep

Word of the day: mis-cel-la-ny (noun) A miscellaneous collection or group of various or somewhat unrelated items.

Sometimes I have a whole bunch of random thoughts running through my head.  They don't connect to one another nor do they follow any kind of order.  They just are.  And since I'm currently lacking a pensieve I figure this is as good a spot as any to empty the miscellany in my head.

*****
Pat Sajak has the most ridiculous hair.  Sure, he's an annoying little man in general, but that hair is something else.  How does one stay in television for as long as he with hair like that? 

*****
The TTC has increased the fines for rudeness while riding the Rocket.  I would be more okay with this if there was actually some enforcement and if people actually paid the fines.  The number of people I see with their feet on the seats or who don't give up their seats to the elderly or infirm are more than I care to think about.  But I never see anyone get busted.  And how will the TTC compel people to pay the fine?  Ban them?  Or just lock them in the bathrooms at Yonge & Bloor until they cough up the cash?

*****
Everything cannot be gourmet.  Because if everything is gourmet, then nothing is gourmet.  And no frozen potatoes are ever going to be gourmet.

*****
I really want to be on Jeopardy.  I think I would do really well, too.  Not because I think I'm some genius or something but because I'm pretty good at trivia-type things.  But if I did get on the show and did really badly, I wouldn't want anyone to know.  And I would be really disappointed in myself.

*****
I haven't kept a journal since I was 21.  I really want to start writing in a journal again but I'm scared.  That's because, back when I was 21 and journaling, I was also going through my first and worst round of depression and my journal was filled with lots of awful, horrible, hurtful, unhealthy, unhappy things.  And that experience has stayed with me.  Now I'm scared that if I start journaling again, I'll devolve into that person again.  And I really don't want to ever be that person again.  

*****
I will never ever EVER be able to understand how anyone could ever hurt a child or hurt an animal.

*****
Every time I leave the city for more rural surroundings, I find it increasingly harder to come back.  It makes me wonder how much longer I will last in the city, even though I have very good reasons for staying in the city. But the fresh air, the quietness, the night that actually looks like night, the trees and the seemingly endless fields are a powerful draw. 

*****
Chocolate-covered almonds will forever be my Achilles heel.

No comments: