Monday, September 21, 2009

A conversation with my blog


Word of the day:  gim-mick (noun) An ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, esp. one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

“Hello, Blog.  How are you today?”

“I’m doing very well, thanks.  And you?”

“I’m well, thanks for asking.  I apologize for neglecting you for the past little while.  Things remain chaotic in my life and, unfortunately, it’s the same buggy reason.  So while I could update you, I would just be updating on the same things I’ve written on more than once already.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.  Don’t worry, I understand why you haven’t been posting.  I can’t say I blame you.  After all, who wants to read the same whiny stuff about bugs over and over again?”

“Too true.  Although it’s a little depressing that I don’t have anything else going on in my life that I can write about.  I really am that boring.”

“No, don’t say that Jen.  You’re not boring.  Why, I bet there are plenty of interesting things you’ve done since your last post that you could tell me about.”

“While I appreciate your optimism, there really isn’t much.  But for the sake of argument, I’ll try and tell you about what I’ve been up to.

“Let’s hear it.”

“Well, yesterday I went to a baby shower for my beau’s sister-in-law.  She’s expecting twins in November and she’s huge!  But she looks great and the shower was fun.  It’s always fun to see cute little baby things.  I’m often amazed at just how tiny the clothes are!  Of course, they’re meant for tiny little humans so it’s understandable and necessary.  But still…the stuff was damn cute.”

“There you go!  See, you are doing fun things.  What else, what else?”

“Um, well, I dressed up as a saloon girl for a friend’s birthday party.  I danced around in a black bustier and red-and-black striped bloomers, and I had elbow-length black gloves and a feather in my hair and lots of beaded necklaces.  Oh, and fishnets.  It was…an experience, that’s for sure.”

“Wow, I’m sorry I missed that!  Pictures?”

“No dice.”

“C’mon, please?  I promise I won’t show anyone!”

“Er, you’re a blog.  You’re on the internets.  You can’t help but show people.”

“Valid point.  So I’ll show everyone.  Can I still see a picture?”

“Well…just a small one…”












“Ooh, saucy!”

“It’s something, that’s for sure.  But enough of that.  On Labour Day weekend, my cousin got married.  It was a really beautiful wedding.  I cried.  It’s a little weird for me to see my younger cousins getting married.  I mean, I remember Craig when he was an annoying kid and now he’s all grown up and married with a house and he’s a cop…it makes me feel old.  And I’m still too young to feel old.”

“Save the feeling old until you turn 30.”

“Thanks for that.  Jerk.”

“Just want to keep you grounded.”

“Mm-hm.  So that’s about all I’ve got so I’m going to leave it there.  It was nice chatting with you.  And you’re not a jerk.  Well, not always a jerk.”

“I’ll take that.  It was nice to have you back for a bit.  Do visit again soon, won’t you?”

“Sure thing, Mr. Rogers.”

“Now you’re being a jerk.  You should go before this gets worse.”

“Will do.  Bye for now!”



No comments: