Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet dreams

Word of the day: la-zy (adjective) Averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent.

I spent a very exciting Friday night doing laundry, among other menial household tasks. It was also time to wash my sheets, so I threw them in with the mix. While I love having clean clothes and enjoy the smell of clean clothes and particularly love climbing into a bed made up with freshly laundered sheets, I really hate folding laundry and putting it away. I also really hate making the bed. (It should be noted that the other household task I absolutely despise is washing dishes. But give me your ironing, your dirty bathrooms, your dusting, give me window-washing and vacuuming and mopping, and I will complete each task with a smile on my face and a song in my heart. Just no dishes and no laundry.)

So what is one to do with a basket full of clean but unfolded laundry? Even though I love ironing, I don't care to iron everything I own so I dumped all my laundry onto my (unmade) bed. As this was about 10:30 at night and I was winding down for the evening (because I'm lame and being in bed around 11:00 on a Friday is a good thing for me) I opted to leave my laundry strewn across my bed and sleep on the couch.

How's that for lazy?

(Tonight, however, I am sleeping in my freshly-washed, freshly-made-up bed. AAAAH.)

No comments: