Sunday, July 19, 2009

No children allowed

Word of the day: peace-ful (adjective) Peaceable; not argumentative, quarrelsome, or hostile: a peaceful disposition.

I wish there were adult-only grocery stores. Not adult-only in a Brass Rail kind of way, but adult-only in a no children kind of way.

I love me some children, don't get me wrong. My boyfriend's sister-in-law is pregnant with twin boys and I CAN'T WAIT for them to come along in November. (I even told him he can't break up with me before their born.)

But just think how wonderful it would be to grocery shop without kids running up and down aisles and popping out unexpectedly in front of your cart; without strollers the size of the Hindenburg taking up the entire aisle or inevitably being parked in front of the frozen food freezer door you need to open; without little kids in front of you in line at the check-out, screaming and crying because Mommy won't buy them a Kit Kat.

'Twould be glorious. Sigh.

No comments: