Thursday, October 9, 2008

X marks the spot

de-moc-ra-cy: (noun) government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.

I'm glad we're voting next Tuesday. I've got complete election fatigue. It's mainly because of the U.S. election but that's been enough to even make me not care as much about the Canadian election. Really, if I have to see one more headline about Sarah Palin in a Canadian newspaper, I just might have to declare a moratorium on media until November. Even my beloved Maclean's has a cover tag line about her.

Now I totally love and adore Tina Fey's take on all of it but beyond that, I'm kinda done. I guess it scares me a little that people could actually consider voting for someone who can see Russia from her house and doesn't know what magazines she reads. And this is good for women? Sigh.

As for Canada, I'll call it right now: Conservative minority. Double sigh.

No comments: