Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lazing in the rain

holi-i-day: (noun) a day fixed by law or custom on which ordinary business is suspended in commemoration of some event or in honor of some person.

So here we are on the Sunday of the Victoria Day long weekend (or as we Canucks call it, May 2-4) and it's raining. I honestly cannot remember the last May 2-4 that was nice for the entire weekend. Last year wasn't bad, but it was cold. I remember wearing a sweater under my jacket before going out one night. But this is what I have come to expect from the May 2-4 weekend and if the weather was good for all three days, it would feel almost twilight-zone-ish.

One good thing about the rain is that it helps me feel less guilty for hanging out inside doing nothing all day. I did manage to go grocery shopping, so now I'm doubly allowed to be lazy for the rest of the day. I don't know what it is, but most weekends I feel guilty when I don't do...things. I feel that I should be reorganizing my closet or cleaning out my fridge or finishing the plethora of knitting project I have laying around or...well, anything really, other than sitting at the computer looking up random facts on various minor celebrities and checking Facebook far too much.

The one benefit to this weekend is I'm having friends over ce soir for an evening of Balderdash and other silliness, so this impelled me to clean up. So at least the apartment is clean. I guess I have done enough this weekend to justify laziness for the rest of it. And it will be glorious.

No comments: