Thursday, November 29, 2007

When books and movies collide


ad-ap-ta-tion: (noun) a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form.

Oh Chapters, how right you are...

I hate movie covers on books. Alas, I did not buy Memoirs of a Geisha or Children of Men soon enough, and now I can't seem to find them with their original covers. As cute as Clive Owen is, I still don't like it. Now I must acquire a copy of No Country for Old Men before that cover gets ruined too. (They have released a movie cover, but I should still be able to find the original...) As much as I hate them, I guess movie covers are a necessary evil, as I'm sure sales of books go up once they are branded with the movie imagery. And there's nothing wrong with people buying more books; it just won't be me buying those movie covers.

No comments: